We want to put you in the driving seat when it comes to your data and it’s important to us that you have absolute confidence in how we look after your personal information.
We are committed to managing your personal information with great care and in accordance with the high standards required by data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
We respect your right to privacy and your right to understand and control how your personal data is used. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties and will always keep it safe and secure.
Our Privacy Statement sets out the data we will collect from you, how we use it, and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your data.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE YOURSELF
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us including:
- Telephone Number
- Payment methods
- Your order history and shopping preferences
- Details of your interactions with our customer service team, for example if you contact us about your delivery, to change your details or to give us feedback, including details of any comments or conversations via telephone, email, live chat and social platforms
- Your marketing preferences
- Your product and service reviews
- Your identifier on social channels when you contact us via those platforms
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We collect certain information from you automatically when you use our website including:
- Operating system and version
- IP address
- Your web browser, version and device
- We may also collect information about you using cookies. For more information on our Cookies Policy, please click here.
THE LEGAL BASES FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Performance of a Contract
We will use your data to fulfil your order and our contractual obligations to you. For example, we will collect your name and address details and pass them on to our courier to deliver your order to you.
With your Consent
For example, when you actively sign up to receive our newsletter by email via the sign up link on the website. Where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
In certain situations we may use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
We will always balance our legitimate interests against your rights, freedom and interests as an individual. We will only exercise our legitimate interests when this does not materially impact on your rights, freedoms and interests. Where we process your data based on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object at any time.
For example, we may use your contact details to send you direct marketing about similar products and offers which may interest you or use your purchase history to send you personalised and relevant offers. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
We may need to collect, process and in some specific situations share your data in order to comply with our legal obligations and regulatory requirements for example in relation to HMRC regulatory requirements or sharing information with Crime Prevention Agencies to prevent fraud.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- When you access our website
- When you create an online account
- When you place an order with us on the website or on other marketplaces
- When you contact us via telephone, email, live chat, post or on social channels
- When you actively sign up to receive our newsletter
- When you actively sign up to a social promotion
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To Deliver Our Service
- We will use your name and address and contact details and share these with our courier to process and deliver your order.
- We will use your email address to send you service emails such as your order confirmation and delivery updates.
- We will store your order history to help us assist you should you need any help with an ongoing or new order, including dates, product and size details, delivery and contact details.
- We will store details of any communications you have with us via email, Live Chat, post, social platforms or telephone to enable us to deliver the best possible service and to assist you with any purchases, problems or complaints.
- We will do so to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, to comply with regulatory requirements and on the basis of our legitimate interest to deliver the best possible customer service.
For Direct Marketing
- From time to time we will send our existing customers details of similar products and offers by email and/or post. We will do so on the basis of our legitimate interest to engage with our customers and grow our business and in accordance with the requirements of Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. You can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us when you give us your personal information and thereafter at any time. To unsubscribe, please email us at email@example.com.
- When you actively sign up and consent to receive our newsletter via our sign up page on the website, we will use your personal information to send you our latest new product releases, news and offers by email. You can withdraw your consent and opt out of receiving our newsletter at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Improve Your Experience
Information We Collect When You Access the Site
When you access the website we will automatically collect and analyse certain information to optimise your site experience, including your IP address, language and currency preference, operating system and browser version and device. We will do so on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring optimal site functionality and ease of use for website users.
We use profiling to get to know our customers better and to personalise our services to help us to only send you messages that are interesting and relevant to you. We do this on the basis of our legitimate interest to understand our business and to tailor our offers and service accordingly – and so that we don’t waste your time with offers and products that aren’t relevant or useful to you. We may make use of additional information about you that is available from external third party sources to help us do this effectively. You have the right to object to profiling for direct marketing purposes at any time and can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
To offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT SELL YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
Where necessary we will share your data with trusted service providers who will process your data on our behalf. For example, we will share your data with our couriers to deliver your order, to our payment providers who will process your payment and screen the transaction for fraud, to our email provider to send emails or with other professional contractors and service providers necessary to run our business.
We work closely with our suppliers and service providers to ensure your data is protected and secured according to the high standards required by data protection legislation and the guiding principles of this privacy statement. Our service providers:
- May only process your data strictly for the exact purpose specified by us.
- Will only receive the minimum personal information required to perform that function.
- Must secure your data in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
- Must delete or anonymise all data should we cease to use their service, subject to regulatory requirements.
- Are subject to the same standards contained in this privacy statement.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The security of your data is of the utmost important to us and we take the protection of your personal information seriously.
We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to secure your data when stored and transmitted. These include modern data encryption, firewalls alongside other security devices - as well as strict internal security procedures to protect your personal information. We may at times ask you to verify your identity as part of our security procedure.
Where you have registered for a autoprepproducts.co.uk online account, it is important to protect against unauthorised access to it by keeping your password safe and logging off when you complete your session.
We strongly recommend that you do not use the "Remember Me" function on a shared or public device.
WHERE YOUR DATA MAY BE STORED AND PROCESSED
Sometimes we may need to store or transfer your data to third party suppliers in countries outside of the European Economic Area. Where we do so, we take great care in ensuring your personal information is protected and secured to the same high standards and with the same safeguards as though it was being stored or processed inside the EEA, for example by using standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will store your personal data for as long as you have an account with us or as long as it is necessary to provide our service, resolve disputes, comply with regulatory requirements and otherwise necessary to allow us to conduct our business. If you have a question about specific retention periods for certain types of personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR DATA
It’s important to us that when it comes to your data that you understand and can control how we use your personal information. You have and may exercise the following rights in relation to how we use your data.
- The right to know how your data is used by us - as set out in this privacy statement.
- The right to access your data. You have the right to request of a copy of the data we hold about you. You can do so by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to a request to access your data within 28 days.
- The right for the data that we hold about you to be accurate and up to date – and the right to rectify any information we hold about you that is incorrect. You can update your personal information via your online account or by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07866 673370
- In some circumstances you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you or object to ways in which we are using your personal information. Further, where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Where we use your personal information based on our legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time. For help and more information, please contact email@example.com
- The right to lodge a complaint with your Data Protection Regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect any data from any person below the age of 18.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may modify or update this statement from time to time to ensure compliance with new data protection legislation and where necessary to reflect changes in policy or customer feedback. Where there are important changes to this policy we will notify you via a notice on our website. We recommend that you review this statement regularly to learn more about how we are using your information.
Auto Prep is the Data Controller when you access our website or use our service. If you:
- Have any questions or concerns about how we use your data.
- Would like to exercise your rights as set out above.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Data Protection, Unit 2, Walton Farm, Bosham, West Sussex, PO18 8AD